- Recycle glass bottles and jars and create functional art at the same time! Create your own glass sculptures, sun catchers and ornaments easily with this metal cutter.
- Sturdier and easier to use than plastic models, this highly durable metal bottle cutter will have you cutting bottles perfectly in 5 easy steps. This glass bottle cutter takes a bit of time to get used to, but once you've got the hang of it, you'll be able to cut wine bottles up easily.
- Simply place your bottle on the support device, apply pressure, and rotate; heat the score over boiled water and cold water alternately bathe three times.
- The results will amaze you, clean breaks nearly every time. Even thick champagne bottles break easily and smoothly.
- It might even make you feel better about all that wines you're drinking and help you do your bit for the environment, too.
Details: STEP 1: ADJUST THE MACHINE
Decide where you want to cut the bottle by loosening the screw and moving the cutting wheel forward for a shorter cut and backwards for a longer cut. STEP 2: CUT A LINE 0N THE BOTTHER
This is exactly the same as making a score line when glass cutting.
STEP 3: HEAT&COOL THE CUTTING LINE
Flush the etch with small hot water column and rotate the bottle at a faster pace to give a uniform temperature to the glass. The bottle should feel hot the touch, but not too hot to handle. Then put it into cold water and rotate. Repeat above steps for 2- 3 times or more than.
During the repeated steps, you may hear audible "clicks" indicating that the uncracked portions along the etch are now cracking.
STEP 4: SMOOTH THE CUTTING LINE
To prevent chipping, rub the inside and outside edges lightly with a piece of the coarser polishing paper.
Note: Helpful Hints & Cautions
* Brush some light machine oil on cutting wheel prior to cutting.
* The lighter the etch, the better the separation.
* Do not cut over labels.
* The glass cutting wheel should always be at a right angle to the glass surface.
* Always wear eye protection while working with glass and remove the bottle cap before cutting.
* *Please feel free to contact our customer service if you could not know how to use it correctly.